Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Eham SWL Survey

Do you ever do any casual SWL'ing on the non-Ham bands these days...? Did you do much SWL'ing during your pre-Ham days...? What do you think of the SWL "scene" in 2013, compared to when you first started...?

1) YES! I still listen to those parts of the spectrum that do not contain Amateur transmissions, and I love doing so...
2) NO! I never was a SWL, not "way back when", & not now, either...
3) The SWL bands to-day are far too populated by domestic right-wing political & religious stations...
4) I occasionally "snoop" the SWL bands when I have nothing better to do, but that is very rare...
5) There are FAR less foreign broadcasters on SW than there were "back in the day", I'm afraid...
6) I sorta MISS the high-powered lectures on the evils of capitalism from Radio Moscow, Radio Havana, Radio Tirana, Radio Peking, etc.

7) Bye-bye SWL'ing---NOBODY misses you!

Vote the Eham survey

No comments: